CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Little "O"

Owen's birthday was actually Wednesday (20th), but we celebrated today. I was so pleased that my family from Jackson, Birmingham, and Philadelphia were able to come. Thankfully the rain held out and the kids were able to play outside. We had a great time and Owen got lots of sweet gifts. I decided to be brave and attempt to make the birthday cake myself (I actually made cupcakes). Since, I was going with the Baby Einstein theme, I made the cupcakes in the shape of a caterpillar. I think it turned out cute. The best part is the money I saved. I spent only $1.88 for two boxes of cake mix. Of course, I had the cost of the candy that decorated the caterpillar, but in all I probably have around $7.00 in the cupcakes. LOVE IT!!


I can't believe that my little baby is already one. It honestly seems like yesterday when I was in the hospital waiting to meet our little O. I can remember holding him and how small he seemed. I loved his sweet baby smell and the sweet little baby sounds he made. What a blessing he has been in our lives. He was definitely worth the wait. Thank you God for our baby boy.

Memaw and Owen


Steven, Michael, and Owen

Cousins



Cousins & Cupcakes



Caterpillar Cupcakes, YUM



Owen loving his Birthday Song


Yummy cupcake

4 comments:

Brian and Darrie said...

Well, well I had no idea how creative you were! I LOVE the cupcake cake!!! Turned out too cute!! And I am glad Owen had a great day!! I did too!

KarenHasTwins said...

Your cupcakes are adorable! A great idea for a first birthday!

Kristy Phillips said...

I can't believe Owen is already 1! His cake turned out so cute....great job! Miss you guys!

Brandi Kain said...

I am very impressed by the cupcake worm!